Martin Dessert is proud to make for you a multitude of frozen products, safe and Peanut free. Drop your worries, enjoy our delicious three chocolate Crispy Strip, our Cutie Cheesecake, or, our stunning Brownies safely!
All our desserts are produced in a modern factory where no ingredient at risk can take place on the products list of our authorized suppliers. This procedure ensures that the ingredients we buy are not accidentally contaminated, in a facility where peanuts and nuts are handled.
Food safety policy
To be in compliance with the governmental requirements concerning food inspection and labeling, the company:
- Possess a certified food safety management system which is based on FSSC 22000, version 3 in accordance with the program GFSI “Global Food Safety Initiative”
- Meets the requirements of the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food of Quebec regarding Food Regulation c. P-29, r.1
- Meets the requirements of Good Manufacturing Practices and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency regarding Canada Agricultural Products Act: Processed Products Regulations.
The priority of the management team is to assure the safety of processed foods and the satisfaction of its customers. To assure the safety of its processed food, Martin Dessert relies on a competent team, responsible of its food safety management system and on the implication every employee to assure its efficiency. The internal communication and the sufficient resources are essential in the functioning of the safety management system.
Martin Dessert also makes sure to maintain up to date its food safety management system with quality of information from external communications with our customers, suppliers, governmental authorities and other partners of the food market. By approbation of its food safety policy, Martin Dessert, its suppliers and its entire staff, commits themselves to:
- Prioritize the food safety
- Be constantly tuned in to their customers
- Work constantly on the improvement of the quality of their processes, products and services
- Verify in which measure their products and services meet the needs of their customers
- Promotes the development of the human resources and their creativity
- Select suppliers who adhere to Martin Dessert quality principles
The company has also set measurable targets for food safety with an action plan which allows a continuous improvement of its food safety system.
This food safety policy is known by the participants; responsibilities that emerge of it are shared by all the employees, from management team to plant employees.
Signed at Quebec, February 14, 2016