Martin Dessert is proud to make for you a multitude of frozen products, safe and Peanut free. Drop your worries, enjoy our delicious three chocolate Crispy Strip, our Cutie Cheesecake, or, our stunning Brownies safely!
All our desserts are produced in a modern factory where no ingredient at risk can take place on the products list of our authorized suppliers. This procedure ensures that the ingredients we buy are not accidentally contaminated, in a facility where peanuts and nuts are handled.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions!
Food safety policy
To be in compliance with the governmental requirements concerning food inspection and labeling, the company:
- Possess a certified food safety management system which is based on FSSC 22000, in accordance with the program GFSI ” Global Food Safety Initiative “
- Meets the requirements of the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food of Quebec regarding Food Regulation c. P-29, r.1
- Meets the requirements of the Food and Drugs Act and regulations (R.S.C., 1985, c. F-27) as well as that of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) in the as part of the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations (SFCR).
- Meets the requirements of the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) (PUBLIC LAW 111-353) and other applicable FDA requirements for products exported to the US.
The priority of the management team is to assure the safety of processed foods and the satisfaction of its customers. To assure the safety of its processed food, Martin Dessert relies on a competent team, responsible of its food safety management system (SFMS) and on the implication every employee to assure its efficiency. The internal communication and the sufficient resources are essential in the functioning of SFMS
Martin Dessert also makes sure to maintain up to date its food safety management system with quality of information from external communications with our customers, suppliers, governmental authorities and other partners of the food market. By approbation of its food safety policy, Martin Dessert, its suppliers and its entire staff, commits themselves to:
- Prioritize the food safety ;
- Meet regulatory, customer and FSSC 22000 requirements;
- Be constantly tuned in to their customers;
- Maintain internal and external communication;
- Work constantly on the improvement of the quality of their processes, products and services;
- Verify in which measure their products and services meet the needs of their customers;
- Promotes the development of the human resources skills and their creativity;
- Select suppliers who adhere to Martin Dessert quality principles;
- Work constantly on the detection and the prevention of food fraud and food defense;
- Strategically defines the challenges of the business according to the interested parties.
- Ensures to implement a strategically determined action plan according to the internal and external issues of the company.
The company has also set measurable targets for food safety with an action plan which allows a continuous improvement of its food safety system.
This food safety policy is known and understood by the participants; responsibilities that emerge of it are shared by all the employees, from management team to plant employees.
Signed at Quebec, February 27, 2023
Denis Martin, President